It is pretty impossible to hold a pair of binoculars while holding other equipment such as your weapon, and it would be unfit to always have to bring them out of the bag when you notice a potential prey from afar off. One would require a harness to hold the binoculars, and close to you, to ensure you can use them instantly as they are needed.
Since we agree that a pair of binoculars are needed, how do we choose the best one?
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST BINOCULAR HARNESS IN 2021
- WHY YOU NEED A BINOCULAR HARNESS
- Let us have a look at a few best binocular harnesses in 2021 that you might be interested in
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST BINOCULAR HARNESS IN 2021
A binocular harness would always come with its advantages and disadvantages, which is why there is a need to choose the best one. One should consider the following tips on choosing the best binocular harness
- The type of harness: the type of harness goes a long way in telling you just what to expect from that harness. There are several types of binocular harness, and choosing the one that suits you depends on your method of carrying equipment. Here are the common types of harnesses and their description
- Standard: this is the typical form of harness you can find in the market. It is light in weight, very affordable and simple to use. It is ideal for a newbie hunter who needs a binocular harness, and has no idea on which type to choose. The standard type of binocular harness does its job well when it comes to harnessing the binoculars, although it does not offer storage or protection.
- Bag: this type of harness is like a normal backpack that comes with a lot of features that allows you attach a binocular and a lot accessories also. It is dubbed as the ultimate type of harness. It has a better carrying capacity than other types of harness and also has full coverage. For those who need to carry their gear with and without any extra load would prefer this type of harness. It allows them to easily reach whichever gear they need instantly. It is also ideal for hunters that visit the field in times of harsh weather conditions such as in cold or rain. The major downside to this type of binocular harness is that it is very bulky and expensive.
- Cover: the cover harness is the intermediary between the standard harness and the bag harness. It is dubbed as a multi-tool that has more protection capacities than the standard binocular harness but less security and extra storage as the full case binocular harness. The advantage of purchasing this type of binocular harness is that it is very light and quite affordable.
- Dual straps: this type of harness is capable of carrying binoculars and other accessories like cameras and all sorts. It is suitable for those who do not intent to carry a binocular only, but other accessories as well. It is especially ideal for hunters that usually carry their rangefinder, scope and a number of hunter gear with them at all times. The advantages of the dual harness straps is that it is lightweight and carry multiple pieces of accessories at the same time. The major disadvantage of this binocular harness is that it does have any storage space, not even pockets, and it offers no substantial amount of protection as compared to other binocular harnesses.
All these types of harness for binoculars offer different forms of functions, and can’t be compared to each other because each one would be preferred differently by a number of people. So in considering a binocular harness, you should note that the different types of harnesses offer different functions and should only be selected based on your preference. If you need a harness for your binoculars only, it is best you go for the standard harness. If you want to carry a number of gear and accessories at the same time, the bag or full case harness should be your choice. Those that only need a harness for their accessories would find the dual harness straps very suitable for them.
- Strength and durability: these two criteria cannot be overemphasized. They are crucial factors for any piece of equipment you intend buying. Strength and durability are important for a binocular not because they must be ‘strong enough to carry the binocular’ but most be able to resist damages caused by mechanical circumstances. The materials used for making a binocular harness must be premium and able to withstand weather and other harsh condition, since the hunter would not be wearing them under a roof.
- Comfort: this is surprising but is very important. No matter how light a binocular harness is to carry, it might not be considered if it is not comfortable to carry. The harness should be made of something with elastic or adjustable materials, to ease the discomfort of carrying it for a long period of time. However, it is recommended that you choose a binocular harness that has extra space to accommodate at least a bottle of water. This would come in handy when you least expect.
WHY YOU NEED A BINOCULAR HARNESS
A binocular harness is important in your trip to the wild just as some of your other equipment. Since you know that a binocular harness is a wearable harness that helps you hold your binoculars in place when you have no use of them. Some are designed in ways to accommodate other accessories and gear, and here are a few reasons why you need one
- Stability in handling of gear and accessories: being stable when in the wild is crucial. It does not sit well if one struggles to pull out equipment or to handle each equipment with little or no space. The binocular harness offers you stability by carrying one or more of your accessories for you to ensure that your hands are free to do other relevant things and are also able to reach the accessories easily when needed.
- Security of equipment:binocular harnesses protect your binoculars from falling when you clasp the binocular to them. They are designed in ways to protect the binoculars,and other accessories attached to them, from falling and not just harnessing alone. Some binocular harnesses offer other functions such as extra space, which in turn serves as a source of protection for non-waterproof accessories in times of rain and other forms of harsh weather conditions or mechanical damages. So you can mount your scope, set up a tree stand or even navigate you way safely through the fields without struggling to carry a binocular every step of the way. The binocular harness just offers you a lot of advantages that assure you that accessories are secure while you engage in other activities.
- Comfort: one can summarize everything to say that comfort is the major reason why one would use a binocular harness anyways. Carrying your binoculars in your hand all day is not something you can call comfortable, not to mention having to use your equipment while having your binoculars in hand. Using binocular straps just makes matters worse as they attach weights to your neck and its swaying activity can lead to a lot of discomfort. It is a very discomforting experience and this is one of the things that birthed the use of a binocular harness. Note that binocular harnesses are usually made of elastic; this enables it to stretch out to avoid applying unnecessary forces to your shoulders.
- Easy of carrying around: the ease of carrying a binocular harness cannot be overemphasized because that is one of its special traits. It is very lightweight and can also be attached to a backpack. It allows you carry your binoculars and other accessories such as your camera without the effects of dangling or other forms of discomfort. It is easy to adjust and fits a lot of people easily. Even while wearing some random clothing due to the weather, the binocular harness would still fit you tightly.
Let us have a look at a few best binocular harnesses in 2021 that you might be interested in
The Vortex Optics Binocular Harness Strap:
Using the Vortex Optics Binocular harness strap is one of the most comfortable ways of carrying binoculars for long periods of time. It is designed in a way to evenly spread the weight of the binoculars across your shoulders and back.
LONG USE: With this strap harness you can hunt for long hours without getting a glimpse of discomfort, and provides this comfort without the expense of obstructed view.
SECURE HARNESSING: One of the advantages of this ingenious strap harness is that it prevents the binoculars and other accessories attached to it from jostling and dangling around. This jostling and dangling action can cause a high level of discomfort, and can also add more weight to carry due to the motion.This is one of the reason the Vortex Optics Binocular Harness Strap is very ideal for you. Either you are new to hunting or a professional, the Vortex Optics Binocular Harness Strap comes in quite handy to all users.
TOP QUALITY MATERIAL: The Vortex Optics Binocular Harness Strap is made with nylon/lycra straps that are very durable and long lasting. The nylon material is tough and can withstand adverse weather conditions, although the user has to take care in using it during bad weather conditions. One other advantage of the nylon straps is the way it easily allows the binoculars to slide into viewing position. These features are what you can only find on the Vortex Optics Binocular Harness Strap. It is very affordable and easy to use, and you can be assured that this binocular harness is worth the investment.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
The Vortex Optics Binocular Harness Strap is a one size fits all kind of binocular harness, and it comes with complete adjusting capabilities to ensure that you can adjust it whenever you like. It has a dimension of 6 by 5 by 8 inches, and a weight of 4.8 ounces. However it has a few disadvantages. One of these disadvantages is that it is quite confusing to use at first. You begin to grasp how to use it properly over time, and another disadvantage is the absence of extra attachments.
- Durable material
- Harness binoculars and other accessories
- Absence of extra space
- Difficult first use
The Nikon 6122 Prostaff Camo Binocular Harness:
One of the reasons why the Nikon 6122 Prostaff Camo Binocular Harness is loved by a lot of users is that it takes the weight of the binoculars off of the neck. This feature is not something you find on every binocular harness in the market today. Although that is what the binocular harness is supposed to do, not all binocular harnesses can manipulate the weight of the binoculars and divert them away from the neck to spread them evenly on the shoulders.
ELASTIC SHOULDER STRAPS: If you think you have seen the best of the Nikon 6122 Prostaff Camo Binocular Harness, then you are missing out on a lot.
QUICK RELEASE CONNECTION: The Nikon 6122 Prostaff Camo Binocular Harness enables you to attach the binoculars to the elastic shoulder securely, and the surprising part is the quick release connection that lets you remove the binoculars without having to unlatch or loosen anything.
EASE OF USE: The ease of using this harness comes in handy when you are in the wild and you need to use the binoculars immediately but they are still attached to the harness. The common harnesses on the market would require you to unlatch the binocular before you can use it.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
The Nikon 6122 Prostaff Camo Binocular Harness does well to surprise its users with a lot of cool features that are present solely to give them comfort. One of the unique features of the Nikon 6122 Prostaff Camo Binocular Harness is the self-centering back piece with a Nikon(R) logo. This feature evens out imbalances from the strap that are caused by imbalances in weight due to the attachment of the binoculars. Mixing the self-centering back piece with the even weight distribution feature makes the Nikon 6122 Prostaff Camo Binocular Harness one of the most ideal binocular harnesses in the market.
The Nikon 6122 Prostaff Camo Binocular Harness weighs 4.8 ounces and is very lightweight. It is easy to carry around, even with a binocular and other accessories attached and it is ideal for use over a long period of time.
- Elastic shoulder straps
- Reduces weight on body
- Easy to use
- Self-centering back piece
- Quick release connections
- No extra space
The Badlands Bino Basics Camouflaged Binocular Strap Harness:
The Badlands Bino Basics Camouflaged Binocular Strap Harness is one of the handiest binocular harnesses that you can find in the market. All you got to do is reach for you binocular, and it is all in your hands.
SECURITY OF BINOCULARS: The Badlands Bino Basics Camouflaged Binocular Strap Harness does well to keep your binoculars tight and secure fastened close your body and easy enough to reach your hands whenever you needed it.
DESIGNED IN THE UNITED STATES: It is made in the United States, although some are imported. The Badlands Bino Basics Camouflaged Binocular Strap Harness is redesigned to give a set of cool features. One of these features is the updated ergonomic slim fit design to provide comfort unlike most common binocular harnesses in the market today.
COMFORTABLE TO USE: It is a very comfortable harness that has ventilated straps that allow air to flow to the arms and shoulders whenever it is in use. It is normal to sweat after hunting in the wild under the hot sun while carrying the Badlands Bino Basics Camouflaged Binocular Strap Harness. From building too much sweat while working in the sun, the ventilation straps come in handy by allowing air to flow through and cool off your shoulders and arms.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
The Badlands Bino Basics Camouflaged Binocular Strap Harness is backpack friendly compatible with almost all the hunting backpacks available in the market. It has a dimension of 4.8 by 4.6 by 4.7 inches, and weighs 7.2 ounces. Its breathable shoulder straps are fully adjustable and have a 4-point harness. All you need to do is attach any hunting backpack of your choice and that is all. The magic about this feature is it saves you the cost of buying a binocular harness with a backpack. Since you have a backpack at home already, why not attach the harness straps to it and save your money.
The stealthy look of the Badlands Bino Basics Camouflaged Binocular Strap Harness makes it easy to adjust to the environment, coupled up with its lighting of the environment. The best part is the unconditional lifetime warranty on the product. Their manufacturers offer to fix the Badlands Bino Basics Camouflaged Binocular Strap Harness whenever it has issues, regardless of the time or use.
- Secured binocular
- Comfortable to use
- Designed with quality USA materials
- Made in multiple countries thereby increasing the possibility of getting fakes
The Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case:
One reason why the Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case is a favorite for a lot of people is because it is spacious and its design is unique. The prints blend well with camo clothing and also blends in properly with the environment to give more stealth.
SPACIOUS FOR OTHER ACCESSORIES: The Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case has a lot of space, and is definitely going to contain more than just a pair of binoculars. It can house a lot more gear in its backpack-like compartment, and comes in handy when handling a lot of gear. One unique feature in the Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case is the 1 liter reservoir it possesses for water, so you can remain hydrated as you hunt.
SAFE ON THE BODY: The Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case is backpack friendly and does not harm the neck or the back.
MAGNETIC CLOSURE: It has a magnetic closure that makes it quite easy to take out the binoculars without having to search through the bags or even pull zippers and loosen latches. The noise produced from zippers and latches would definitely scare the prey away and is a very big turn off.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
One way that the Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case surprised its customers is the lifetime warranty it comes with. So it does not matter when you purchase the Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case, you would be attended to and your issue would be fixed without much ado. One can just say that the reason for the lifetime warranty is because the manufacturers are confident of their product and can boast that it would not get damaged any time soon. That is why they implore you to return it back to them if you experience any faults. This is not something you see most brands doing, and one can say that this is an assurance that the Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case is a binocular harness of topmost quality.
It is safe to say that this backpack friendly and easy to strap on back is on that would give you your money’s worth. It is 8.5 by 10.1 by 4.8 inches in dimension, and weighs 1.05 ounces.
- Spacious for accommodating other equipment
- Materials of fine quality
- Presence of magnetic closure
- Body friendly materials for comfort
- Fairly expensive
The Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness Black
The Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness Black is one binocular harness you can spend your money on. It comes at a price higher than most other binocular harnesses on the market today, and it come that way for a reasonable number of reasons.
STRONG BUILD: The Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness Black offers quality and strong build to provide you the you the edge you require from an enhanced binocular harness. One would say it is the best choice, but we should focus on what we agreed earlier that no single harness is the best due to differences in preference by the users.
The Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness Black is made out of the best materials with top quality, and hence the increase in price. It is designed with black all over to give it a strong and beautiful look.
BINOCULAR POSITIONING: The color does not depict its strength, however, and it is strong enough to support even heavy equipment. The binoculars are hung just below the chin so you can easy reach them whenever you desire. This feature gives room for rapid use such as when you sight a prey and you to take a look before it gets out of sight.
STRONG SUPPORT: The Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness owes some of its strength to the perforated back panel, which allows it support very heavy equipment such as rangefinders, cameras, etc. this binocular harness does not get any better and every penny you spend on it is definitely worth it.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATION
The simplicity of the Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness is not something one can overlook. It is simple to use, yet does its job so well. It has a dimension of 5.9 by 1.3 by 7.6 inches, and weighs just a pound. If you intend carrying heavy equipment and all sorts, or you just need comfort, the Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness is there to meet those needs perfectly.
The comfort of using the Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness is just one of a kind. The elastic straps spread out the weight evenly to ensure that pressure is not profound on just one side of the harness, and might cause a lot of discomfort for the user.
- Strong design
- Strong binocular and accessory support
- Good positioning for binoculars
- Comfortable to use
The OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness:
The OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness is the solution that outdoor enthusiasts seek for their cameras and binoculars.
SELF ADJUSTMENT: It is a self-adjusting harness that comfortably balances the gear while it is in use or in the idle position. One feature that most binocular harnesses do not have.
WEIGHT BALANCING: The ability to balance out weight and the equipment is a unique feature that keeps attracting the attention of more and more outdoor enthusiasts. This automatic balancing feature is achieved by a unique loop attachment system that allows the OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness to ‘snap’ itself in place by using the Uni-Loop quick disconnects.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
If one were to judge the automatic balancing of weight feature of the OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness as the only reason for its uniqueness, then that is a false assumption.It is a 1 by 5 by 3 inches harness, and it weighs about 1.6 ounces. The OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness is a simple harness with a number of outstanding features that one can dub it as one of the best binocular harnesses in the market today. One of these unique features is its simplicity. Its price is affordable and would not even come close to harming your pockets. This outrageously low price of the OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness makes it quite unbelievable to possess such qualities, but how the producers do it is alien to us.
The OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness comes in different versions, and one that is of interest is the elastic version. This version of the OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness allows you to hold your binoculars and other equipment tighter against your body when in idle position. It has the ability to stretch so the binoculars and other accessories can easily reach the eyes when need. One of the advantages of this elastic harness is that is also fits all forms of binoculars or cameras. So you do not have to worry about buying an external compartment for attaching the binoculars to the strap.
The OP/TECH USA Bino/Cam Harness stably handles the binoculars and other accessories, to ensure that they remain in place even if you are running. It is a very durable and comfortable harness, and is very easy to attach your devices to it. It is designed with a clever and simple black color all through to give it a very strong look and enhance its beauty.
- Auto weight balance
- Standby handles
- Strong black color
- Fits all binoculars and accessories
- Absence of extra space
To sum it all up, the best binocular harness is the Badlands Bino X Camouflage Hunting Binocular Case. This is because of its unique features such as the noiseless zipper less system, presence of water reservoir, the excess space the bag provides, and a lot more. All other binocular harnesses are great, and it is safer to choose one based on your own discretion.